Which craft: Crochet
Suggestion Needles / Hooks: 4 mm. US 6
one size fits all
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
dec – decrease
sp - space
St(s) – stitch(es)
Ch – chain
Sl st – slip stitch
• If you would like to make the shawl wider, increase the chain amount by 3s.
• If you would like to make your shawl longer, continue repeat rows 2-4.
1. Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc across (114sts)
2. Ch 3, turn, sk 1st sc from previous row, 3 dc in next st, (sk 2 sts, 3dc in next st) repeat until 1 st remains, dc in last st (38 clusters or 114 sts
3. Ch 4, (counts as ch 3+ ch 1) turn, sk dc st that ended previous round, dc dec over next 3 sts, ch 2, (dc dec over next 3 sts, ch 2) repeat until 3 sts remain, dc dec over last 3 sts, ch 1, dc in last st of the dc dec sts (38 cluster dec groups)
4. Ch 1, turn, sk top of dc from previous row, sc in ch 1 sp from previous row, (sc on top of dc dec from previous row, 2 sc in ch 2 space) repeat until you reach your last ch 2 sp, sc on top of last dc dec from previous round, sc in 3rd ch up from the starting ch of the previous round (this will make your sides more even if you go into ch instead of around it) (114 sts)
5 – 193. Repeat rows 2-4
Fasten off and weave in end.
Elisa Lawless, 2020